Post-Yom Kippur is the worst.
Fasting isn’t even an issue anymore, it’s the “shove food in your face until you’re about to explode” post-YK dinner that’s terrible. I feel so sick after, even though the food is good, light and healthy.
3. ‘Why have we fasted, and you see it not? Why have we humbled ourselves, and you take no knowledge of it?’ Behold, in the day of your fast you seek your own pleasure, and oppress all your workers.
4. Behold, you fast only to quarrel and to fight and to hit with a wicked fist. Fasting like yours this day will not make your voice to be heard on high.
5. Is such the fast that I choose, a day for a person to humble himself? Is it to bow down his head like a reed, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? Will you call this a fast, and a day acceptable to the Lord?
6. “Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, and to break every yoke?
7. Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
8. Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.